Med/Surg/PCU RN in Cliff Island, ME
|Job Location||Cliff Island, ME|
Days & Night shifts available
For more information please contact Nicole Richard @ 800-995-2673 x1534
Salary range: $25.50-$36.98
$5/hr night shift differential for most of the night shift (Probably starts @ 11p)
1yr Med/Surg or PCU experience required (Vents experience required…I’d try sending without)
1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
Geriatric, Ortho, General Surgery, rare Pediatric (MS only)
MS/PCU cares for patients ranging in age from 1 month up to end of life care (Pediatrics are MS only). Med Surg nurses monitor their own telemetry patients. Need a minimum of BLS, ACLS, PALS or PEARS preferable. We also take care of swing bed patients (short term rehabilitation) usually following orthopedic surgery.
PCU utilizes all ICU drips, that said - we use Cardizem, NTG, Levophed, Insulin the most.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
Cerner Computer Charting
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
1-2 years minimum in PCU/MS
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
BLS, ACLS, PALS (or PEARS)
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
Day or Night position available (only 1 PCU nurse on 24/7 - back is Nursing Supervisor) every other weekend - if not needed in PCU, would work in MS.
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
Medical Surgical/Medical Telemetry (same unit)
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
2 Beds in PCU / 18 beds in MS/MT (all one unit)
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
PCU 1:2 / MS/MT 1:6
9. Dress Code:
Scrubs (any color except jean scrubs)
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
2 days of Hospital Orientation and 3-4 shifts orientation on the unit
Needs to have Vent. Experience - however we do not keep Vented patients for long, they would get sent to a larger facility in Bangor.
- We will provide you with input, advice and expertise during the discovery phase in finding your new position.
- We will help you customize your resume for maximum effect.
- We will be your agent during the, often uncomfortable "marketing" phase of your search.
- We will set up your interview, while providing you tips and suggestions tailored towards winning you the position.
- We will provide you with streamlined communication and feedback from, sometimes hard to contact, hiring managers.
- We will provide you with market input for offer consideration.